POKHARA CITY TOUR
Pokhara city is the second largest city of Nepal after Kathmandu. This city is 200 Km fat a distance from the capital city Kathmandu. By its name, means a city of ponds as well as called the home to numerous lakes and caves, The lakes in Pokhara includes Fewa lake, Begnash Lake, Rupa lake, Gude lake, Neurani lake and Maidi lake among many others. The notable caves here are Bat Cave, Mahendra Cave and Gupteshwor Cave among others. The peaks can be closely observed from Pokhara including Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchre( Fish Tail) and Manaslu, and all these peaks are above 8000 m from the sea level.
There are two major notable hilltops in Pokhara that serve as a perfect getaway, the World Peace Pagoda at the southern shore of Fewa lake and Sarangkot, a beautiful hill at the north-west part of Pokhara. The newest attraction of Pokhara is Paragliding. Now you can paraglide from Sarangkot over the famous Fewa Lake and land at the bottom of the city. Other adventure sports in Pokhara include canyoning, base diving, kayaking, mountain biking and rock climbing.
- Trip Duration: 7 days 6 nights
- Starts Point: Kathmandu
- Destination: Pokhara
- Ends Point: Kathmandu
- Accommodation: Lodge/Camp
- Transportation: Private Vehicle/ Flight
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu
Upon our arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu, you will be received at Kathmandu airport by our representative holding your name plate just in front of the exit door of an airport. After formal meeting, you will be drive to the Hotel.
Day 02 : City tour of Kathmandu valley
Today after breakfast we will be introduced to our local tour guide and start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu.
- Pashupatinath Temple: This temple is situated 5 km east of Kathmandu, the temple of Lord Shiva; Pathupatinath with two tired golden roof and silver doors is considered one of the holiest shrines of Hindus.
- Boudhanath Stupa:This Stupa lays 8kms east of Kathmandu. This ancient colossal Stupa is one of the biggest in the world and the center of Buddhism in the world. It was listed in the UNESCO Heritage Monument in 1979.
- Swoyambunath Stupa: Swoyambhunath Stupa, atop the hillock is one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Nepal enlisted in the World Heritage Site.
- Durbar Square :Later proceed for city tour of Kathmandu visiting Durbar Square, complex of palaces, courtyard and temples, built between the 12th and 18th centuries, use to be the seat of the ancient Malla kings of Kathmandu.
In the afternoon, there will be a pre-trip discussion where we can meet our trek leader and other team members and over night in Kathmandu.
Day 03 : City tour of Bhaktapur and Patan
Today you are going to explore Bhaktapur and Patan Durbar Square. After taking breakfast you will be guided around Bhaktapur and Patan.
- Patan Durbar Square is situated at the centre of the city of Lalitpur in Nepal. It is one of the three Durbar Squares in the Kathmandu Valley, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. One of its attraction is the ancient royal palace where the Malla Kings of Lalitpur resided. There are many temples and idols in the area. The main temples are aligned opposite of the western face of the palace. The Square also holds old Newari residential houses.
- Bhaktapur literally translates to Place of devotees. Bhaktapur has the best preserved palace courtyards and old city center in Nepal, and is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO for its rich culture, temples, and wood, metal and stone artworks. It is the home of traditional art and architecture, historical monuments and craft works, magnificent windows, pottery and weaving industries, excellent temples, beautiful ponds, rich local customs, culture, religion, festivals, and musical mystic and so on. Bhaktapur is still an untouched as well as preserved ancient city that is itself a world to explore for tourists. After Visiting Bhaktapur drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 04 : Fly/ Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
We will set the morning Domestic flight to Pokhara or Private vehicle and it takes 45 min to reach in pokhara by flight and 5-6 hours from vehicle. Then drop you to the Hotel at pokhara. After that visit around lake side and boat ride to Tal Barahi Temple which is lies center of the Fewa Lake. This temple is also known as the lake temple / Overnight at Pokhara.
Day 05 : Full Day Sighseeing in Pokhara Valley
Today after breakfast take a short hike to World Peace Pagoda. Take a boat and cross the lake then start short hike from pumdhi village.
Sight Seeing Places
- World peace Pagoda
Standing on top of the Ananda hill, Shanti Stupa adds more beauty to Pokhara Valley. It is a perfect holiday place providing a clear view of the Himalayan range, Fewa Lake and Pokhara city. One of the popular and adventurous hiking trails is by crossing the Phewa Lake by a local boat and climb uphill through the local villages that takes about an hour to reach the hilltop
- Devis Fall
The water forms an underground tunnel after reaching the bottom. This tunnel is approximately 500 feet (150 m) long and runs 100 feet below ground level. After exiting the tunnel, the water passes through a cave called Gupteshwor Mahadev or "cave beneath the ground". The Phewa Lake dam is the water source.
- Bat Cave
The cave is made of up the limestone and there is the provision of the torch and the emergency lights for the view of the cave and bats. Also, there is the provision of the guides for the assistance. Apart from it’s attraction, it is also rich in greenery as the surroundings of the cave is covered by the forest.
- Mahendra Cave
Mahendra cave is also one of the major tourist attraction in Pokhara. it is named after the name of the Late king Mahendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev. The cave itself is amazing and we can see the various natural shapes and images of the various hindu god and goddess on the stone made of the lime. Here, for the safety measures, electricity is provided through out the cave and additional torch and emergency lights can be taken for the convenience. The area is surrounded by the community forest at the hillside and at the end of road there flows the small river called the Kali Khola /Overnight at pokhara
Day 06 : Fly/ Drive back to Kathmandu
We set a morning flight to Kathmandu. On arrival in Kathmandu our representative will pick you from an airport and drop you to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 07 : Departure
Our representative from Adventure Specialist Travel will pick you from your hotel and drop you to Tribhuvan International Airport or spare some quality days to visit Bhutan or India or Tibet or Myanmar.
Above cost includes:
- Airport picks up and drops.
- guided sightseeing with entrance fee in private vehicle as per itinerary
- Accommodation with breakfast daily
- Airfares for sector KTM/PKR and PKR/KTM
- English speaking tour guide
Above cost excludes:
- International flight
- Visa to Nepal
- Daily Lunch or dinner
- Expenses of personal nature such as beverage bills, laundry bills, phone bills etc.
- Personal tour gears
- Personal insurance
- Expenses incurred due to flight delays or cancellation, road blockade, political strikes, natural disaster or anything that is beyond our control.
- Tips for guide