Ghorepani Trek – 9 days
Ghorepani Poonhill trekking is a colorful short foray into the Annapurna region. The trail winds through patchwork valleys, dense mossy forests and past icy waterfalls where you can stop to cool your face. Around every corner is a tantalizing glimpse of the high mountains, whole horizons of which will be revealed to you as you reach the high points of your trek.
This trek in the Annapurna foothills to the view point on Poon Hill offers all the best of trekking in Nepal . Enjoy trekking in the spectacular mountain scenery through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs, Magars dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys, all set below the Annapurna with the picturesque peak of Machhapuchhare (Fish Tail Peak) dominating the skyline. At the climax of this trek you will climb Poon Hill at dawn to enjoy one of the most spectacular mountain scapes on Earth. As the sun touches the snow-capped summits the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Annapurna (8,091m) along with a maze of other peaks, slowly begin to appear, like magic, before our eyes. A rewarding trek that can be enjoyed by every lover of nature and beautiful landscape.
Trekking Duration: 5 days
Starting Point: Nayapul [drive 1 houre from pokhara)
Ending Point: Nayapul
Culture: Different community, specially, Maggar and Gurung influences.
Mood of Trekking: tea house/camping
Best Time: October/November, March /April
Maximum Altitude: 3192m
Group size: 1+
Day 01: Arrive In KATHMANDU. 1390m
Arrival in Katmandu and transfer to hotel. Brief about the trip and
Welcome dinner in the evening in a typical Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 02: KATHMANDU - POKHARA (6 hour by Bus/25 minute by flight)
Early morning, drive to Pokhara by tourist bus/car or flight. Pokhara is 200 kilometer from Kathmandu, drive by bus take 6 hour and by flight only 25 minute. The bus departure from Kantipath/Kathmandu which is near by Thamel. Check in at hotel and leisure time for exploring Pokhara. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 03: Pokhara-Nayapul-Trek to Tikhedhunga (1491m) Ulleri (1980m).
Breakfast in your hotel Pokhara (7:30) After breakfast One hour drive by car from Pokhara to Birethati (Alt. 1100 m), situated along the Modi River. Experience the hospitality of Nepalese people. Enjoy with rice terrace and green hill and series of four water fall provide excellent swimming. The trail ascends to Tikhedunga. Overnight at lodge.
Day 04: TIKHEDUNGA-GHOREPANI (2850M)
It is a steep climb to Ghorepani from Tikhedunga. Ghorepani is one of the most popular villages along the Annapurna Circuit. Many trekkers who do not have enough time to trek the whole circuit visit Ghorepani to view a magnificent panorama view of the Himalayan peaks. It is actually situated the ridge separating the valley of kali Gandaki from the valley of Modi River and it is one of the highest point along the whole trek if you do not include the Thorang pass. Almost of the villages are Magars. Overnight at lodge
Day 05: GHOREPANI- POONHILL(3210m) TADAPANI .( 6 hour) 2540m
today is most important day of your trek. In the early morning, your guide will take you to Poonhill excursion (3210m), it takes one hour climb to Poon Hill. From there you will experience the excellent views of the peaks of Annapurna Himalayas like Dhaulagiri [8167m], Annapurna South [7119m] Fishtail [6993m], Nilglgiri south, Singa chuli , Annapurna I [8091m] and many more peaks and in spinning best view of Rhododendron flowers in its vicinity or along the trail from Ghorepani to Tadapani. That red flower called "Lali Guras. After the Sunrise view then trek down to your lodge take hot breakfast. And continu your trek to Tadapani. From Ghorepani to Tadapani it is 6 hour walk. The Trek leads mainly up and down hill through the forest. Stay overnight at Tadapani.
Day 06: TADAPANI-GHANDRUK (3 hour) 1940m
Today is our short day just hike 3 hour mostly downhill. Ghandrunk (2012m) is the most interesting tribal Gurung village in Nepal which has provided Gorkha Soldiers. It has excellent close views of Annapurna South, Machapuchhre and Himalchuli. Overnight Ghandruk in Lodge/Hotel.
Day 07: GHANDRUK- BIRETHANTI- POKHARA
on this day we take breakfast and walk Descend to Birethanti it takes about 4 hour. Stop for lunch in Berithanti. After lunch walk 20 minut to Nayapul and drive back to Pokhara. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 08: POKHARA-KATHMANDU:
Return to Kathmandu by tourist coach or flight. Leisure time around Thamel and shopping. Overnight at hotel
Day 09: DEPARTURE
Breakfast at the hotel.Free time until transfer to the airport for departure. we will transfer you at the airport and bye bye from Nepal.
Service Cost Includes:
- Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu.
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and Annapurna conservation entry permits. and 'Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- Ground transportation by tourist bus from Katmandu to Pokhara to Katmandu and by car from Pokhara to Nayapul where your trek start and trek ending point to Pokhara.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him like his Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance.
- 1 Trekking porter between 2 guest. their food, accomodation and well paid salary.
- Two night standard accommodation in Pokhara which is near the lake.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
Service Cost Excludes:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Katmandu).
- Your Travel insurance.
- Food in city like Katmandu and Pokhara.
- Your personal expenses like phone call, laundry service, shopping etc.
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- Extra night hotel accommodation if return early from trek or late departure.
- All the meal and accommodation in Pokhara and Kathmandu if you finished early your trek than our program.
- International airfare
- Tips for the guide and porter.